To create a category:
- Open Inventory.
- Select the Category button.
- Click New Category to make create your new category.
- Name the initial parent category (example: clothing).
- Create a subcategory to be used within the parent category (example: jacket).
- You can also create subcategories within this category (example: winter and fall).
To apply one product to a category:
- Open the inventory tab.
- Open product search.
- Search for products that fit within the category.
- Select a product from the results.
- Within the organize box you can view the category to which the product belongs, it will say none if you haven't already assigned it a category.
- Click none to open the assign category window and assign the item to the correct category and sub categories.
- Save changes.
To apply categories to multiple items:
- Open inventory.
- Click the quick edit items button.
- Within the search criteria select category as one of the fields.
- Search for the items you wish to categorize (example: jacket).
- Items from the results that remain uncategorized will have none as their category.
- click none to open the Select Category window.
- Assign the correct category and subcategories to each item.
- Changing the name of a category will change the category name for all the items to which the category is applied.