Setting up a tournament with crossover tee times (groups going off of #1 and #10 simultaneously) requires a few special steps, but is a great way to tighten up events and free up the course for regular play much faster than standard starts.
Here is a detailed breakdown of that process for a 3-person group tournament:
- Check that day's tee sheet to make sure there are no bookings during your desired tournament time frame. Click on the + sign at the top left and begin to create your new tournament.
- Confirm the date and start time for the competition - in this case there will be a two hour block for groups to go off #1 and #10, starting at 6am.
- The schedule should be set to finish when the last group from #10 has made the turn to #1. Since it will be a 3-ball tournament, allow 2 hours per 9 holes - so 9:59am. At that point, the course will be clear for normal groups to go off of #1 (or #10 if the tee sheet has been setup that day for crossover times).
- Select a Crossover setup
- Set the interval between tee times
- Assign the applicable price sheet and toggle Online Booking ON (if it is allowed). Create a new price sheet if necessary, and make any appropriate modifications.
- Create the tournament!
- *Because the turn time does not automatically populate or appear in a tournament setting, you must now delete all of those excess tee times that will not be occupied. This will also ensure that players do not book tee times that are not technically available. Use the edit tool to check and delete each time up until the end of the tournament.
- *As this tournament will feature groups of 3 players, we must also limit the number of slots available in each tee time. For this example, I have created a player named "Tournament Placeholder" and added/cloned a single booking for each tournament tee time. When players book online, they will only be able to book as many as 3 players into a group.
- If you are concerned that players will both book themselves and have others book them in for the tournament, simply toggle the Daily Booking Restriction ON in your course's Online Booking Settings.
- The last tournament tee time is 7:52, and because we deleted the other times the first available post-tournament tee time is 10:00. By that time, the 7:52 threesome that started on #10 will now have played #1. If you feel that you need a longer buffer, delete as many more times as you feel are necessary.
- You can now "unlock" the tournament and open up online booking for players included in the tournament's price sheet! If you wish to open bookings a certain number of days before the tournament, keep it locked until that time comes.
The 3-ball crossover tournament is now set up!