Setting employee login credentials in your Retail account involves entering the below for each employee under Settings > Employee Setup:
- Personal identification number (PIN)
Once you've entered the above login credentials for all your employees, whether they have External Login permission enabled in their employee role or not will determine their level of access:
External login access The employee has the External Login permission enabled in their employee role.The employee can log in to your Retail account with their username and password from any device with an internet connection. In other words, they can start a Lightspeed Retail session.If a Lightspeed Retail session is open, the employee can also enter their PIN on the Lock screen to access your Retail account.External login access should only be given to trusted employees. PIN access The employee doesn't have the External Login permission enabled in their employee role.The employee can't log in to your Retail account with their username and password.If a Lightspeed Retail session was opened by an employee with external login access, the employee can enter their PIN on the Lock screen to access your Retail account.Using PINs is recommended for most employees to protect the security of your Retail account and limits its access.
In case an employee accidentally closes the Lightspeed Retail session, we recommend having an employee with external login access available throughout your business day, whether on-site (e.g. a keyholder) or remote (e.g. via TeamViewer). This way, your employees with only PIN access will always have access to your Retail account and be able to serve customers during your shop's business hours.
Set an employee's login credentials
- From the main menu, click Settings > Employee Setup.
- Click the employee you want to set the login credentials for.
- From the left menu, click Sign In.
- In the Login Name field, enter a valid email address. If the employee has external login access, this is the username they'll use to log in to your Retail account.
- In the New Password field, enter a password. If the employee has external login access, this is the password they'll use to log in to your Retail account.
- In the Re-type Password field, enter the same password again.
- Enable the Pin Active checkbox.
- In the Set New PIN field, enter the employee's PIN. This is the PIN they'll use to clock in and out and access your Retail account from the Lock screen.
- Click Save Changes.