The Negative inventory enables your stock quantities to dip into the negative when items are oversold or oversent on transfers and vendor returns. If enabled, the setting also adds the Negative inventory report to your account. The purpose of this report is to list all of the items in your Retail account that currently have a negative quantity on hand and the negative inventory adjustments that lead them there.
To enable the Negative inventory setting and report:
- From the main menu, click Settings > Optional Modules
- Enable the Negative inventory switch.
- Click Save Changes.
- To activate this setting, you and all employees currently signed in must sign out and sign back in again.
You can periodically run the report (e.g. daily, monthly, etc.) and analyze the helpful data it contains to:
- Identify the reasons why your items have negative inventory
- Correct the negative quantity on hand of your items
- Maintain the most accurate inventory possible
If you need more information, here is the complete article