To create a discount:
- From the main menu, click Settings > Discounts> + New Discount.
- From the Type drop-down, select either Dollar or Percent.
- Click Save Changes to display the settings for the type of discount you're adding.
- Enter a discount name.
- Enter the discount amount (e.g. 20% or $10.00).
- Optionally, select Require Customer.
- Click Save Changes.
To apply a discount to a sale:
- Create a new sale and select a few items to include in the sale.
- There are two main ways to apply discount: individually to each item OR to the entire sale.
- To apply an individual discount click the item description, select a discount from the drop down discount menu and save.
- To apply a discount to the entire sale, select the "Apply Discount" button in the options presented below the Subtotal of the sale.
- If you choose to create a percentage discount, you must save changes before entering information in order for the system to switch over to percentage values. After saving you can then enter the correct values.
- If all but one item needs to be discounted apply a discount to the entire sale, select the item that should not be discounted, and set the discount in its item description to null.