To create a discount:
- Open settings.
- Select discounts under the pricing subheader.
- In the new window, we can see all discounts we currently have created.
- To create a new discount click on the New Discounts button in the top right.
- There are two types of discounts fixed and percentage.
- Fixed discounts imply a dollar amount will be discounted from the price.
- Percentage discounts imply a percentage will be discounted from the price.
- Choose your discount type, name it and specify dollar amount or percentage to be discounted.
- Check require customer if you only want to apply discounts when a customer is attached to a sale already.
- Save changes.
To apply a discount to a sale:
- Open some items in a new sale.
- There are two main ways to apply discount, individually to each item or to the entire sale.
- To apply an individual discount click the item description, select a discount from the drop down discount menu and save.
- To apply a discount to the entire sale, select the discount button in the payment window under the total value of the sale and select the discount you wish to apply.
- If you choose to create a percentage discount, you must save changes before entering information in order for the system to switch over to percentage values. After saving you can then enter the correct values.
- If all but one item needs to be discounted apply a discount to the entire sale, select the item that should not be discounted, and set the discount in its item description to null.