The easiest way to start a refund is to scan the original receipt into the system:
- Scan in the refund.
- The transaction will automatically show up in the register under the refund tab.
- A customer profile will also be attached to the barcode.
- The details of the original transaction will also show up in the register.
- Press the refund button beside each item to be returned.
- Hit the payment button to finalize the refund.
- The payment window will appear in orange and the user will be prompted to select a payment method to conduct the refund.
- Finalize the sale and print the receipt.
If the customer does not have the receipt but instead has a customer record:
- Open customers.
- Search their name.
- Check the sales tab for this customer and open the sale that is to be refunded.
- Click the ID of the sale to see the information on the sale.
- Click the refund button at the top of the page to take the refund to the sales register.
- Process the refund on the sales register.
If you only know the day of the purchase and the item itself:
- Open reports.
- Open the All Transactions report.
- Filter by the day the original sale was done, the employee who rang the sale in, and individual shops if you have more than one store.
- Once you find the correct sale select it and hit the refund button at the top of the sale record.
- The refund will be sent to the register in refund mode where you can finish processing the refund.
If you cannot find the original transaction you can do an ad-hoc refund:
- Open the sales tab.
- Click refund to open the refund tab.
- Scan the items in or search for them.
- Finalize the refund by clicking the payment button.
How to do an exchange:
- Once we've added the product that is being refunded we just need to do a sale.
- Open the sale tab and scan your items in.
- The balance will represent the difference between the two items being exchanged and returned.
- If you do an ad-hoc refund the system will not be able to know if the item was discounted or on sale at the time of purchase.