To create a category:
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Categories
- To edit or add to a Subcategory to an existing Category, click the existing Category.
- Click New Category to create a new Category.
- Name the initial Parent Category (Example: Clothing).
- Create a Subcategory to be used within the Parent Category (Example: Jacket).
- You can also create Subcategories within this Category (Example: Winter and Fall).
To apply a product to a category:
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Item Search
- Search for products that fit within the category.
- Select a product from the results.
- Under "Organize", you can view the Categories available and assign the appropriate Category to that specific product.
- Save changes.
To apply categories to multiple items:
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Quick Edit Items
- Within the search criteria select category as one of the fields.
- Search for the Items you wish to categorize (Example: Jacket).
- Items from the results that remain un-categorized will have none as their Category.
- click None to open the Select Category window.
- Assign the correct Category and Subcategories to each item.
- Changing the name of a category will change the category name for all the items to which the category is applied.